Our Ethos and Values
The Coppice Academy is committed to:
- Provide an outstanding educational experience for students with special educational needs by continually building on the expertise and experience of the staff.
- Provide a welcoming school in a happy and supportive environment for each student where individual achievement, success and the joy of learning is celebrated by staff working as a team for the well-being of all.
- Enabling each student to develop a positive sense of worth and self-esteem by nurturing their skills in vocational and leisure activities to increase their capacity and capability to build bridges overcome barriers and live and work as adults within our society.
- Enabling each student to achieve their full potential by providing a challenging, self- motivating and encouraging broad and balanced curriculum that is continuously, thoroughly and systematically assessed encompassing the National Curriculum and external accreditation, but tailored to the individual need of each student.
- Creating a caring environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect and each individual valued for their own unique talents.
Our aim is to deliver best-in-class tailored learning to ensure every young person at The Coppice Academy has the opportunity and support to achieve their full potential whatever their abilities and whatever their background.
We are committed to:
- Providing an outstanding educational experience
- Enabling each student to develop a positive sense of worth and self-esteem
- Working in partnership with parents and our local community for the benefit of all
- Creating a caring environment
- Valuing, respecting and supporting each other.
At The Coppice every student plays their part in making our Academy a unique learning environment. Each young person has talents which we recognise and encourage, relationships and friendships to develop,challenges to overcome and a bright future ahead of them to look forward to.
Our team of highly trained, enthusiastic staff provide each student with an exciting, individualised learning programme which engages, motivates and fosters a love of learning. Students are constantly stimulated to become the best they can be; academically and personally.
Well-equipped classrooms, excellent quality of care and cohesive multi-agency working ensure that the diverse needs of all our students can be met. Learning in the community and vocational education skills empower students to become meaningful contributors to society.
“Learning, Achieving and Growing Together” is our mission statement. We believe in the abilities of our students and their successes never cease to amaze us and make us proud.